Every student planning to live in a residence hall who does not have an assignment (in a suite, apartment or house) or who does not have off-campus approval for the coming academic year must draw a number and choose a room through the general numbers draw and room draw process. Students who are unable to draw a number may designate a proxy to draw a number. The proxy must have the ID (or a photocopy) of the student for whom he or she is drawing.
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 from 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. on the OC (Thomas Commons)
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on the OC (Thomas Commons)
Available rooms posted online
- Friday, March 30, 2018 (watch your Cornell e-mail for details)
Room selection for singles, triples and quads (see detailed schedule below)
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 starting at 7 p.m. in Hall Perrine Conference Room
Room selection for doubles (see detailed schedule below)
- Thursday, April 5, 2018 starting at 6:30 p.m. in Hall Perrine Conference Room
Late room draw
- Thursday, April 5, 2018 starting at approximately 8:30 p.m. in Hall Perrine Conference Room
Singles Room Waitlist
- Monday, April 9, 2018 through the end of the academic year in the Residence Life Office
General numbers draw
During numbers draw, you need to:
- Step 1: Arrive at either of the designated times for numbers draw.
- Step 2: Present your Student ID.
- Step 3: Draw a number according to your room selection status (refer to the information on room selection status for details on how that is determined).
- Step 4: Receive a Room Selection Pass with your name, classification, and number.
Be sure you and your roommate(s) keep your Room Selection Pass. You and your roommate(s) will not be able to select a room at numbers draw without all passes.
Late numbers draw
Students who miss Numbers Draw may participate in Late Draw by stopping by the Residence Life Office beginning at 8 a.m. the day after numbers draw. Students participating in late draw may not select a room, NOR MAY THEIR ROOMMATE(S) SELECT A ROOM, until all other students have selected a room. Refer to the important dates for the time and location of late room draw.
Questions? Stop by the Residence Life Office in Old Sem or check out their resources online.