Happy Halloween, Cornellians! It’s the first weekend of the block, and there’s plenty to do- spooky and otherwise, check it out below!
- Trick or Treat for Unicef, hosted by Believe in Zero, 6:00 pm at the Old Fire Station in downtown Mount Vernon
- The Flies, produced by Student Theatre Council, 7:00 pm in the Uptown Theatre at the First Street Community Center
- Cornell Volleyball vs. Coe, 7:00 pm
- Cornell Volleyball vs. Wartburg 12:30 pm
- Cornell Football vs. Lake Forest 1:00 pm
- The Flies, 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm, in the Uptown Theatre at the First Street Community Center
- Cornell Volleyball vs. Wheaton 4:00 pm
- Scare to Dance: Dance and Costume Contest , hosted by Slick Shoes, Lesson at 7:30 pm and Dance at 8:00 pm on the OC
The Flies by Jean-Paul Sartre
Join us for the first Student Theatre Council production of the year!
10/30-11/1 at 7 pm
11/1 at 2 pm
Free, General Admission
Tickets can be collected at the door or reserved by emailing reserveSTC@gmail.com
Featuring: Alexis Atkinson, Libby Auger, Catherine Backer, Jacob Bennington, Haley Farrand, Kira Gaudynski, Kalyn Marquez, Mary Kate McAlpine, Madison Serrett, Cynthia Valenzuela, Donna Warfield and Benjamin Wong.
Stage Manager: Jaszmyn Patrice
Assistant Stage Manager: Jane Mulkerin
Technical Direction: Lili Björklund
Master Electrician: Gabby Ferro
Directed by: F. Boadu
Notice: Due to scheduling changes our official opening night is now Friday, October 31st. There will still be a performance on Thursday, October 30th as an open dress rehearsal and you are more than welcome to attend. This is an opportunity to see behind-the-scenes as we fine tune our story in the Uptown Theatre.
Greetings, Student Orgs!
We know there have been some changes to the student organization credit card processes and wanted to make sure you had the latest information.
Moving forward, you will need to enter a purchase into Community and have it approved by your Technical Advisor prior to being able to purchase through Cindy in the Student Affairs Office.
As you anticipate these costs being spent, please begin entering these into Community as soon as you know a purchase will be made so that you can make the purchase in a timely manner.
Trick or Treat for UNICEF is a UNICEF event first held in 1950 to help many kids who were left vulnerable after WWII. Throughout the years, it has aggregated millions of dollars to continue to help kids all around the world.
Join us in downtown Mount Vernon! Have fun and raise awareness for children!
- Face Painting
- UNICEF quizzes
- Donation box decorating
Halloween Day, Friday, October 31st
Old Fire Station in downtown Mt. Vernon
6:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Want to jump-start your novel for NaNoWriMo? Come to the write-in, located in Bowman Formal Lounge Nov. 1st at 6pm! We’ll have word count prizes and refreshments, as well as a great atmosphere for getting started on your novel!
Come honor your loved ones, mentors, & friends who, in death, are parted from sight, yet whose spirits remains part of your own. A beautiful age-old All Hallows/All Souls & candle lighting service from The Book of Common Prayer/Christian Spirituality. Includes brief history of Halloween, soul cakes & pumkin pie. Open Communion, inclusively welcoming of all. ~ Led by Chaplain & Spiritus
This service will be held on October 29 at 6:30 pm in Allee Chapel.
Wondering if you may have symptoms of depression, bipolar disorder, or anxiety? Cornell students can click here to take a free, confidential screening online. ? Contact the Counseling Center at x4292 (319-895-4292)
It’s Block Break and this month to add some excitement to the start of the break, instead of the traditional Gwensday Wednesday update, we’re asking folks to identify what’s different in these two photos. Leave it in the comments. Those who note the five changes in these two photos will be entered into a drawing for a $10 Zamora’s gift certificate.
Finally it is upon us! Second Block Break has come at last!
Things to do:
- Check out these events on and around campus!
- Beading Workshop, hosted by NACC, 1:15 pm in Berlin
- Cornell Volleyball vs Illinois College, 6:00 pm
- C&G Samhain: Murder Mystery. 7:00 pm in Pfieffer Lounge
- Play in Day, hosted by STC 7:00 pm in the Black Box
- C&G Samhain: Games and Movies, all day in Tri-Hall
- Men’s Soccer vs Ripon 11:00 am
- Women’s Soccer vs Ripon 1:30 pm
- Scream Acres: Haunted House, hosted by Get Outta Town, 7:30 pm. (Sign up at the info desk by Thursday)
Come join NACC in Berlin on Thursday, October 23 and Friday October 24 at 1:15 to learn the traditional beading techniques of Native Americans and gain a better understanding of Native arts & crafts.