Week 4:
Time to Celebrate!

Cornell Fellow in Museum Studies

African American Museum of Iowa | Cedar Rapids, Iowa

June 21, 2018 | From Juneteenth to Father’s Day, there was so much to celebrate this week!  Here is a quick review of all of the festivities! Little Free Library One of the most exciting days for me this week was the installation of the Little Free Library outside of the AAMI!  Our new library is designed to look […]

Week 4:
WelGuam to the City!

Massey Fellow in Conservation and Native Species

Rota ISU, Ecology Evolution & Organismal Biology | SongSong, Mariana Islands

June 21, 2018 | WelGUAM… Welcome and Guam put together to show that my past week was spent in Guam? Say it really fast and it might work… But puns aside, having visited Guam before going to Rota felt much different than this time around. I originally was amazed on how developed the island of Guam is, though having […]

Week 3:
Archive and File Work

Cornell Fellow in Art History & Museum Curation

Cedar Rapids Museum of Art | Cedar Rapids, Iowa

June 21, 2018 | This week was mostly working on the computer rather than working down in the galleries. Though working in the galleries is fun, this week provided for some more downtime since the Grand Tour exhibit is finished and there’s nothing we can do yet to set up for the Animals in Children’s Books exhibit. There was, […]

Week 3:
Back Home

June 21, 2018 | We left Trinidad on Wednesday. We packed up all of our gear and got ready to take our samples through customs. The journey was uneventful, and we arrived home, ready for a break. I will start work again this coming Monday, managing the samples and data that we have collected so far, and beginning our […]

Week 2- Apreciando las pequeñas cosas

Cornell Fellow in International Financial Consulting

Thales Financial Consulting Firm | Montevideo, Uruguay

June 21, 2018 | This week has been all about “apreciando las pequeñas cosas” or appreciating the little things. Through my abroad experiences during my time at Cornell, I have come to realize that week 2 can often be the most difficult. Why? Well, it may not carry the excitement and chaos of week 1. You have been in your temporary […]

Week 3:
Interviews, Research and a whole lot of Iowa

Cornell Fellow in Investigative Reporting

Iowa Watch | Iowa City, Iowa

June 21, 2018 | Hello Everyone! This past week my boss, Lyle Mueller, is attending a conference in Orlando, Florida and in his absence, my workload has significantly increased since interview opportunities are now flooding in, research is being carried out, and I am getting to see all sides when it comes to the political spectrum of Iowa. I am […]

Week 2:
Week two

Cornell Fellow in Politics and Nuclear Policy

Global Zero | Washington, D.C.

June 21, 2018 |   Week two started with the completion of my contact list project, where I compiled information from candidates all across the country. Also on Monday, I got tasked with writing new material for the Beyond the Bomb website on low-yield weapons.  It was busy on Tuesday for many reasons.  I met some with some of the […]

Week 2:
All About That Paste

Cornell Fellow in Andean Archeology

Prehistoria Urbana de Huari Site | Ayacucho, Peru

June 21, 2018 | I spent the majority of this past week in the site laboratory, beginning my project investigating ceramics that had been excavated the previous year. My focus is on the pastes, or the clay and inclusions inside it, of a collection of particularly impressive stylistic ceramics. These ceramics represent several different cultural traditions from Peru, both […]

Week 1:
Mabuhay! Welcome to the Philippines!

Cornell Fellow in Asian Studies

Asia Society Philippine Foundation | Makati City, Philippines

June 20, 2018 | I landed in the Ninoy Aquino International Airport of Manila, Philippines on a rainy night. Nostalgia swept through me as I got into a taxi. The humid low winds, summer monsoons, tall palm trees, and never-ending traffic were memories of my childhood. I never expected to come back here for an internship. I made my […]

Week 3:
Weeding and Watering

Ringgenberg Fellow in Anthropology

The Field Museum | Chicago, Illinois

June 17, 2018 | In the Gardens… I started my week by touring the Northside gardens with Professor Doane. She officially introduced to 6 community gardens, most of which are in Rogers Park. Hello! Howard Community Garden, Rogers Park Howard Area Community Garden, Rogers Park Garden on Jarvis Street, Rogers Park The Ruby Garden, Rogers Park GrowUptown Community Garden, Uptown Global […]

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 89