photo of anna slife

Rise Up Welcome

Welcome back to school everyone! My name is Anna Slife and I am the new Rise Up Program Assistant. Rise Up is a program designed for first generation students (students whose parents, grandparents, etc. did not attend college) which holds workshops throughout the year. These workshops will cover a lot of different topics including, but not limited to, transitioning to college, career exploration, preparing to be a good job candidate, and life after Cornell. Our program currently has around 100 members–the most we’ve ever had!–and we are so excited to continue to help first generation students makes the most of their time here at Cornell College.

Come visit me any time in my office at Cole Library on the second floor, room 214. I can’t wait to meet you all and have an amazing year!

Our first workshop will be the Transition to College Panel on Tuesday, September 13 from 7-8:30 PM in Shaw Lounge. This is our kickoff event of the year for incoming students.  Come to meet other first-generation students in your class, and hear about surviving the first year at Cornell from some veterans!  The panelists will talk about their challenges and triumphs in adjusting to Cornell and to Iowa.  Come to our first opportunity to learn, connect, and have fun!

For more upcoming workshops, check out the Rise Up website.