Jen Haigh

New in the Library: Jennifer Haigh!

Hello! My name is Jennifer, and I’m the new Writing and Teaching Specialist in the Center for Teaching and Learning. I came to Cornell from the North Bay Area in California. I earned both my BA and MA in English from Humboldt State University in CA where I also taught for a few years before moving to Sonoma State University to work as the Writing Specialist for multilingual students. I just completed my doctoral coursework and am busy working on my dissertation in my free time. When I’m not working on my dissertation or at work, I’m busy checking out Iowa with my two kids. They’re big fans of the splash pads and very excited to see snow since they’ve only seen it a few times.

Feel free to stop by the Writing Studio at any time, either just to say hi or to work on your writing! Some of you may see me in some of your classes over this year. My expertise areas are working with first-gen college students and students who speak more than one language, but I would love to work with any student here at Cornell. I’m also available to help any faculty with integrating writing into any classes; I can stop in and do an activity or lesson, help brainstorm potential writing assignments, or be available to meet with your students. I’m looking forward to getting to know Cornell and all of the great people here.